Saturday 17 September 2016

Weekly Life Spreadsheet

At work this year we have a new thing, a weekly report on Google Docs where I enter three bits of data about my week. It replaces an older spreadsheet where I entered 28 bits of data in 6 categories every day which replaced the MS word weekly worklog that included a list of what I did every day which replaced a weekly time sheet. One year I was on secondment to the government and had to use Microsoft's Project Manager to track my every move. That was a bad year. 



I know a lot of people have to complete timesheets and worklogs and spreadsheets and google docs or forms to detail the minutiae of their work lives. Sometimes as a way of tracking that they are actually working during the day or meeting their work goals or deciding who gets billed for what or just showing their bosses what they are spending their time on or helping them establish or focus on priorities. 

So I thought to myself, maybe I should create a life spreadsheet to track how I spend my nonwork time. Would it show me how much of my life is trickling away on things that don't really match up with my life goals? (which I don't have by the way)

 Take a look.



Mon
Tues
Wed
Thurs
Fri
Sat
Sun
TOTAL
Work
8
8.5
8
8.5
8.5
25 min
25 min
42 hrs
Volunteering
1 hour
1 hour
4 hours
(Meeting)
1 hour
1 hour
3 hours
2 hours
13 hours
Dogwalking
1 hour
Beach
1 hour
Beach
20 min
1 hour
Beach
1 hour
Town
75 min
75 min
7.5 hrs
Shopping
-
-
-
-
-
35 min
35 min
(online)
70 min
Personal writing
-
-
-
-
-
1 hour
1 hour
2 hrs
Housework/meals
30 min
30 min
10 min
30 min
30 min
3 hours
(Apples)
Dinner guests
2 hours
(more damn apples)
7 hrs
Socializing





5 hours

5 hrs
Family phone




20 min
10 min
3 hours
3.5 hrs
TV/Multitasking
90 min
90 min
30 min
90 min
90 min
90 min
2 hrs
9 hrs
Sleep
8 hrs
8 hrs
8 hrs
8 hrs
8 hrs
8 hrs
8 hrs
56 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation.